In 1998 three American scientists won the Nobel Prize in medicine for discovering the role Nitric Oxide plays in the cardiovascular system and throughout the body. Nitric Oxide (NO) has since been called the “Miracle Molecule”.
Arginext™ is based on a Nobel Prize winning medical breakthrough that some consider to be one of the most important advancements in the fight to naturally lower High Blood Pressure, Stroke, High Cholesterol, Heart Attack, and Sex Drive Loss, in the last 50 years! It is now known that people who have high blood pressure or high cholesterol are the most likely to be deficient in a lifesaving molecule known as Nitric Oxide. Incredibly, by simply taking enough L-arginine and L-citrulline, it is very easy to reverse this deficiency, thus reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Arginext™ is the most potent, efficient and bioavailable L-arginine based product on the market today. Optimum Absorption and utilization of high quality nutrients is the key to a safe and effective Dietary Supplement. “You Are What You Eat, Digest and Absorp”.
Arginext™ contains a Proprietary Blend of 6 Amino Acids featuring the Positive Charged R Group of (L-Arginine, L-Lysine, L-Histidine) along with L-Citrulline, L-Taurine, L-Proline along with AstraGin™ that is included for enhanced absorption of both L-arginine and L-citrulline. This proprietary blend sets Arginext™ apart from all other L-arginine and Nitric Oxide supplements on the market today.
Arginext™ uses an advanced form of L-arginine called AAKG (L-arginine Alpha-Ketoglurate ). AAKG is a 100% blend of pharmaceutical grade L-arginine and Alpha-Ketoglutrate. You get all the endothelial-lining-support and vasodilation properties of arginine plus a number benefits from alpha ketoglutarate (AKG), such as more arginine stability, bioavailability and absorption. Furthermore, alpha ketoglutarate will serve as a transport medium for arginine, making it directly available at the cellular levels for optimal synthesis. Beyond this, alpha ketoglutarate improves the endogenous production of glutamine and glutamic acid, both important for muscle growth and for the immune system. AKG also binds to toxic ammonia in muscle cells, in the liver, and in the brain, thereby converting ammonia into glutamic acid improving glutamine levels and assisting in elimination of toxic ammonia from the body. Lastly, as a Krebs Cycle intermediate, AKG improves VO2 Max and energy metabolism in muscle cells, and is consequently a potent ergogenic.
Poor Absorption Limits L-Arginine’s Benefits
L-arginine also gets diverted to other pathways besides the NO synthase pathway. L-arginine is used to make a number of substances in the body, including the neurotransmitter agmatine. You need to have adequate blood levels of L-arginine to overcome the elevation of ADMA. People with vascular disease have high levels of ADMA, which interferes with the production of NO; but these high levels can be reduced with supplement L-arginine.
Clinical Studies have shown that OUR BODIES ARE ABLE TO UTILIZE LESS THAN 50% OF THE L-ARGININE that we consume.Unfortunately, the remainder of the L-Arginine product is excreted from our body in the form of waste. The low percentage of absorption is what forces hospitals to provide the L-Arginine Intravenously instead of orally.
Arginext™ enhanced with AstraGin™ completely eliminates the absorption problem of L-arginine. AAKG utilizes a different enzymatic pathway than regular L-Arginine, which ALLOWS OUR BODY TO ABSORB OVER 90% OF THE AAKG THAT WE CONSUME. In addition to doubling the absorption rate, AAKG INCREASES BLOOD FLOW 200-300% MORE EFFICIENTLY THAN REGULAR L-ARGININE.
AstraGin™ enhances the overall absorption of the cationic amino acids L-arginine and L-citrulline. AstraGin™ also helps to repair damaged or compromised intestinal lining for improved general absorption. AstraGin™ has been demonstrated to significantly promote and improve the absorption of amino acids.
AstraGin™ Modifies Gene Expression
- In vitro studies and in vivo studies have demonstrated that AstraGin™ can significantly increase (up-regulate) or decrease (down-regulate) the following specific bio markers:
- Increases the steady-state absorption rate of amino acids such as Arginine and Citrulline by 66.7% and 45%
- Increases vitamin absorption by 50%
- Increases intestinal glucose absorption by 57% that is converted to glycogen in muscle cells
- Increases ATP production by 18%
- Increases Folate absorption; Folate is a key cofactor in BH4 (tetrahydrobiopterin) – an enzyme necessary for NO production
- The basic mode of action for AstraGin™ to increase the absorption of amino acids, glucose, and vitamins is through the regulation and parallel alteration on both the protein and mRNA expression levels of the nutrient transporter genes.
L-citrulline- is a crucial enhancer of L-arginine’s beneficial effects. L-citrulline is transformed into L-arginine in the body, and ascertains prolonged action of the formula, so that the product exerts its benefits around the clock.
Pharmacokinetic advantages of L-citrulline
The pharmacokinetic advantage of L-Citrulline is that it is not subject to any elimination by the liver prior to entering the bloodstream. Conversely, L-Arginine is subject to extensive elimination by the gut wall and liver. The main organ responsible for L-Citrulline conversion is the kidney. In fact, it is metabolized solely by the kidneys into L-Arginine. The kidneys will release L-Arginine in response to the uptake of L-Citrulline. Thus, the release of L-Arginine is a factor of the level of L-Citrulline in the blood. Oswoska et al (2004) showed that oral L-Citrulline administration was more potent at raising plasma L-Arginine levels in rats with a massive intestinal resection and was able to restore nitrogen balance over that of L-Arginine supplementation. Schwedhelm et al (2008) confirmed in humans that oral supplementation of L-Citrulline was able to raise plasma levels of L-Arginine more effectively than L-Arginine itself and in a dose-dependent manner. Additionally, current research is helping our understanding of its positive role in vascular health, muscle protein synthesis, ammonia elimination, and immune function. . L-citrulline also helps promote healthy energy levels in the body.
How Arginext™ may benefit you?
- Helps blood flow by increasing pathways in the blood vessels
- Softens the blood vessels and eliminates hardening of the arteries
- Relaxes the blood vessels and arteries to help reduce high blood pressure
- Helps prevent atherosclerosis
- Helps prevent coronary artery disease
- Helps prevent heart attacks
- Helps prevent strokes
- Helps reduce high blood pressure
- Helps soothe Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Helps to reverse damage caused by diabetes
- Improves pituitary responsiveness
- Modulates hormonal control
- May improve outcome of cancer treatment
- Helps eliminate the onset of Alzheimer’s
- Help improve long-term and short-term memory and cognitive functions
- Enhances prostate function
- Improves the libido for sexual performance
- Reduces the effects of osteoporosis
- Improves renal (Kidney) function
- Helps to detoxify the liver
- Enhances muscle performance
- Enhances energy for exercising
- Helps to reduce the effects of aging on the cardiovascular system
Other Ingredients in Arginext™
Another indispensable nutrient in Arginext™ for cardiovascular health is vitamin C, which regulates how much collagen is produced by the cells and determines its optimal structure.
Alpha Ketoglutarte: is a key mediator in bioenergy production in our body cells, including the heart muscle cells.
The amino acids L-Lysine and L- Proline play important roles in maintaining the stability and integrity of the blood vessel walls thereby promoting healthy circulation. L-Taurine- is a natural molecule that is essential for maintenance of the function of the heart muscle. L-taurine deficiency has been shown to be related to heart dysfunction and symptoms of heart failure. L-Histidine is an essential amino acid, which converts to histamine, a powerful blood vessel dilator, involved in gastric acid secretions and neurotransmission in the central nervous systems. It is also related to circadian rhythms.
Vitamin K2 MenaQ7 Crystals represents the most significant technological breakthrough in the new generation of Vitamin K2. It is a proprietary multi-step process of purification, condensation and crystallization of fermentation-derived K2, leading to an end product that has more than 95% pure natural menaquinone-7, a much more desirable outcome for the efficacy of the end product. Vitamin K2 MenaQ7 Crystals keep the calcium in your bones and out of your heart.
Resveratrol helps by inhibiting platelet aggregation to maintain healthy blood flow. Resveratrol acts as a cancer-fighting and weight loss agent, and is also believed to produce anti-aging effects through stimulation of the SIRT1 gene. The SIRT1 gene is primarily responsible for reducing fat stores during low calorie diets, but it is believed that stimulation of this gene may also slow the aging process.
Vitamin D 3 is a super vitamin. According to the National Institutes of Health, vitamin D provides a vast number of health benefits. You may be surprised to learn the important role that vitamin D plays in your health. One of the leading vitamin D researchers, Dr. Michael Holick, expounds on these and many other health benefits of vitamin D. He’s both an MD and a PhD, and wrote the book, The Vitamin D Solution. Here are some of the ways in which vitamin D positively affects health and wellness. Optimizing your vitamin D levels can help protect against:
- Cardiovascular disease. Vitamin D is very important for reducing hypertension, atherosclerotic heart disease, heart attack, and stroke. According to Dr. Holick, one study showed that vitamin D deficiency increased the risk of heart attack by 50 percent. What’s worse, if you have a heart attack and you’re vitamin D deficient, your risk of dying from that heart attack creeps up to 100 percent!
- Autoimmune diseases. Vitamin D is a potent immune modulator, making it very important for the prevention of autoimmune diseases, like MS and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Infections, including influenza. It also helps you fight infections of all kinds. A study done in Japan, for example, showed that schoolchildren taking 1,200 units of vitamin D per day during the winter time reduced their risk of getting influenza A infection by about 40 percent. I believe it’s far more prudent, safer, less expensive, and most importantly, far more effective to optimize your vitamin D levels than to get vaccinated against the flu. According to Dr. Holick:
“I think you’re right. We know that the immune cells use vitamin D and that they activate vitamin D. There’s good evidence that it will help kill tuberculosis bacteria, for example, if you have adequate vitamin D on board… We think that the immune system is primed with vitamin D in order to help fight infections.”
- DNA repair and metabolic processes. One of Dr. Holick’s studies showed that healthy volunteers taking 2,000 IU’s of vitamin D per day for a few months upregulated 291 different genes that control up to 80 different metabolic processes; from improving DNA repair to having effect on autoxidation (oxidation that occurs in the presence of oxygen and /or UV radiation, which has implications for aging and cancer, for example), boosting the immune system, and many other biological processes.
Magnesium-The health benefits of magnesium have been vastly underestimated. A number of studies have previously shown magnesium can benefit your blood pressure and help prevent sudden cardiac arrest, heart attack, and stroke. For example, one meta-analysis published earlier this year in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition looked at a total of seven studies collectively covering more than 240,000 participants. The results showed that dietary magnesium intake is inversely associated with risk of ischemic stroke. Its benefits are far more reaching than we’ve imagined; fibromyalgia, atrial fibrillation, type 2 diabetes, premenstrual syndrome, cardiovascular disease, migraine, and aging mortality.
Beet Root Extract- In studies conducted by the University of Exeter in England, the high levels of nitrates in beetroot juice reduced the amount of oxygen needed for muscles to function, helping people perform low- and high-intensity exercise for up to 16 percent longer. This finding is beneficial not only to young people in good health, but also for elderly or those with heart and lung conditions that inhibit the capacity for oxygen intake during physical activity. This allows people to be more active while minimizing exertion-related health risks. According to a study published in a June 2010 issue of Science Daily, the nitrates in beetroot juice are also beneficial because they increase the amount of gaseous nitric oxide in the blood and widen blood vessels, improving circulation, lowering blood pressure and reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Watermelon Extract- A source of vitamins A and C. An excellent source of lycopene for prostate health and prevention of age related macular degeneration. Watermelon Extract is a rich natural source of L-citrulline.
Alpha Lipoic Acid- Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) is a potent antioxidant and free radical scavenger that has been proven to regenerate vitamin C and vitamin E; restore levels of intracellular glutathione, an important antioxidant that declines with age; and increase excretion of toxic heavy metals such as mercury. However, ALAs most interesting property may be its ability to counter diabetic symptoms and combat hyperglycemia (high blood sugar).
Stevia (Stevia rebaudiana) has grown far beyond its native South American homeland to become a staple no-calorie, low-glycemic sweetener; it is between 200 to 250-times sweeter than sucrose with zero calories. Recent scientific trials firmly establish that this sweet-leaf herb has, in fact, many health benefiting plant-derived phytochemical compounds that help control blood sugar, cholesterol, blood pressure in addition to its use as natural sweetener.
Monk fruit (Momordica grosvenorii)—a perennial vine also known as luo han guo—is about 250 to 300 times sweeter than sugar, has no calories and, is native to China and Thailand. Monk fruit gained GRAS status in the United States in 2010. In China, monk fruit sweetener has been used for nearly a thousand years to treat obesity and diabetes. Rich in antioxidants with anti-inflammatory benefits
Xylitol, a sugar alcohol, has known functionality as an ingredient used in oral health products as well reduced sugar/sugar-free products; it’s about 70 percent as sweet as sugar. The American Dietetic Association touts use of xylitol as offering health benefits such as reduced glycemic response as compared with sucrose, increased absorption of B vitamins and calcium, and even a reduction in dental caries risk.